Monday, April 4, 2011

Hair News!

Okay, let me start by giving you a few definitions.


BEAUTY the quality of a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses


(this does not mean you have to have great hair to be beautiful)


however


MULLET a hairstyle that is short at the front and sides and long in the back, often ridiculed as a lowbrow and an unappealing hairstyle.


.....need an example? Anyone familiar with ol' Billy Ray? Appealing or unappealing hairstyle?





Enough said, now let's talk briefly about consultations with your stylist.


PICTURES do you look anything like the person in the pic? Face shape, eyebrows, nose? if not, I suggest finding a superstar that you favor (everyone knows that my personal fave is Reese!) and seeing the different looks they have been able to pull off. I promise, try it.


WHAT DO YOU THINK? if this is your first time meeting a new stylist and you sit down and say "I don't know what I want, what do you think?", you are starting on the wrong foot. Your stylist doesn't know anything about you, tell them your occupation, kids or no kids, how long you intend to spend fixing it, how often you want to see them for maintenance, cost, and tell them some things you like and don't like about your current hair. You don't go to the doc and say I don't know what's wrong but fix me.. You tell them symptoms and then let them do all the work!



Enough about that part of my life, outside of hair we have been doing a few things around the house. Our plumbing was finally completely redone! Whew! I am hoping to have my third and final flooring in my closet soon. We finally put plants in our planter and made some precious flowerbeds for our entrance. Round Top was good to me, I found a few things for the "blue room" and got Mom some awesome new kitchen chairs for Mother's Day. (yes, I already gave them to her) Last weekend family was in for my little bro's graduation from UTI and this weekend we had a blast with The Mckennon's! What else.. who knows, that's it for now!


OH YEAH, we had an absolute blast in Vegas! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment